From OC Transpo, the City of Ottawa. Compiled by the Ward 3 Team
The bussing system in Barrhaven is about to undergo a major change in 2024. This will be linked to the operationalization of the Line 2 LRT to Limebank (Riverside South). See above for the report, and the visual graphic that depicts the new routing system.
The main system change is that the local routes will now operate at a more regular frequency within Barrhaven (beneficial for intra-Barrhaven movements and transitioning along Strandherd from Amazon to Limebank). However, commuters will now need to transfer at Fallowfield. In many cases this will add a transfer to most downtown commutes, however, there will be more frequent local routes so the total commute times should allow for more flexibility. This is also why I am advocating for more express buses from Fallowfield to Tunney’s to reduce overall travel times.
There is no doubt in my mind that with changes as major as this we will have some start up issues – in order to mitigate this I have asked transit planners to join Councillor Lo and myself for a Bus Route Review special virtual meeting on November 27h at 6:30pm. You can register here to participate.
How the routes will integrate with LRT Stage 2
Changes are coming to bus routes across the City. Specifically in Barrhaven:
(❷ = Lrt Line 2; ❶ = Lrt Line 1)
Certain routes will be enhanced to extend their service areas:
• Route 73 extended, Limebank❷—Tunney’s Pasture❶ via Leikin
• Route 74 extended, Limebank❷ —Tunney’s Pasture❶ via Nepean Woods
• Route 110 extended, Kanata North—Limebank❷ via Barrhaven, replacing replacing part of Route
• Connexion Route 263 extended, Richmond—Tunney’s Pasture❶ via Stittsville
Barrhaven will also be receiving new routes:
• New Connexion Route 275, Halfmoon Bay—Tunney’s Pasture❶, replacing Route 175
• New Connexion Route 276, Manotick—Tunney’s Pasture❶, replacing Route 176
• New all-day Route 117, Citigate—Limebank❷, replacing part of Route 171
• New all-day Route 119 between Barrhaven Centre and Limebank❷ via Borbridge, Spratt
Certain routes will also be revised or replaced:
• Route 170 revised, Citigate—Fallowfield via Jockvale, Laming (to be confirmed)
• Route 173 revised, Citigate—Fallowfield via Kennevale, Sherway, Foxfield
• Connexion Route 283 revised, Munster Hamlet and Richmond to Limebank❷
• Route 75 service to Gatineau replaced by new connecting Route 13 from Tunney’s Pasture❶
• Limited service on Route 199 removed, service to Leikin replaced by extended Route 73
• Connexion Routes 270, 271, 272, 273, 278 removed, with nearby service provided by other routes
How will these routes connect with the O-Train?
• Routes 73, 74, 75 to connect with O-Train at Algonquin❶
• Connexion Routes 275, 276, 277 to connect with O-Train at Algonquin❶
• Route 75 to be extended to operate via Elevation when road construction and conditions permit
Our office is working on an interactive Google Map that will better show these changes. If you would like to see this map once complete....shoot us an email at email@example.com
Added Routes (affecting Barrhaven)
New all-day Route 117 would operate between the Citigate commercial area and Limebank Station, replacing part of current Route 171.
New all-day Route 119 would operate between Barrhaven Centre and Limebank Station via Borbridge and Spratt.
New Connexion Route 275 would operate from Halfmoon Bay to Tunney’s Pasture Station via Stonebridge, replacing Route 175
Routes that will be removed (affecting Barrhaven)
Connexion Routes 270, 271, 272, 273, and 278 would be removed, with nearby service provided by other routes
Routes that will be improved (affecting Barrhaven)
Route 73 would be extended to operate from Limebank Station to Tunney’s
Pasture Station via Leikin
Route 74 would be extended to operate from Limebank Station to Tunney’s
Pasture Station via Nepean Woods Station
Route 110 would be extended to operate from Kanata North to Limebank Station
via Barrhaven, providing connections to Kanata and the Citigate employment
area, providing the primary east-west connection between Barrhaven and OTrain Line 2 in Riverside South, and replacing part of current Route 99
Route 170 would be revised to operate from the Citigate commercial area to Fallowfield Station via Jockvale and Laming
Route 173 would be revised to operate between the Citigate commercial area and Fallowfield Station via Kennevale, Sherway, and Foxfield
There will be a virtual public consultation event with councillors and OC Transpo staff, with a resident Q&A session --> https://www.davidhillbarrhaven.ca/event-details-registration/oc-transpo-route-review-public-consultation